01 March, 2007

Slightly more cheerful



For the first time in several days I have something on my mind which is not dismally, morbidly depressing and repetitive, so I'm going to write about it. It may still be ED Awareness Week but I am way too miserable thinking constantly about the subject and constantly having my heart break for every person I pass on the street who looks sick... Let me indulge my happy, off-topic thoughts for a bit.

Stranger Than Fiction. Oh em gee. I wanted to see it in theatres but I kind of have a major movie theater phobia soooo... I'm watching it now for the first time and it is spectacular. I mean hell, for one thing it's got Queen Latifah, Dustin Hoffman, one of my favorite movie crushes and still all-time favorite actresses Emma Thompson, Maggie Gyllenhal... And yes Will Ferrell but he doesn't detract too much. ^.^ Actually he's pretty funny without being totally idiotic.

It's cracking me up, in fact.

I think anyone who has ever written a novel, read a novel, imagined writing things, thought about what it would be like to be a character in the novel would enjoy this movie. Seriously. It's like... pieces of myself all chopped up and strewn about and described in a way that's more funny than dismal. Which, if ever I manage to write my memoirs, is I hope to be the way I describe my life. (Anyone read/seen Running With Scissors? I mean, that guy had about the most insane, f-ed up childhood ever and yet managed to come out of it relatively stable and become a good writer to boot.)

Anyway, that other movie... It's just so adorable and funny and yet still revolves around pretty sucky material. Namely insanity and such... Also, Maggie Gyllenhal is really cute in it. She's a crazy awesome hippie college dropout! (Like me! Minus the 'awesome'!)

Okay, so I'm still watching the movie and am rather distracted now... Hard to write and be engrossed in the awesomeness at the same time.

Conclusion: Go rent it, watch it, and distract yourself from any depressing thoughts spiralling around in your mind. Take a break from car searching and working on your freakin income taxes. Have fun.

Post script: Crystal took a picture of me at Starbucks, sooo here it is.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice seeing you so happy :-). also, love the cut ... very cute.

laurie

Anonymous said...

Is that your new cut? Looks great on you!
"stranger then fiction" and "running with scossor has not come here yet. But I seen the promotion adds and they sund awsome! Now I really have to see them! And also, read the novel. Because the book allways is better then the movie! ;)

And I know I said I would post your letter today.. BUUUt.. naeh.. I didn't . Tomorrow. Definetly tomorrow...
Siri

Anonymous said...

You look great!
Love ya,
Dad