28 March, 2007

Search query: cars, apartments, contentment

GOD I HATE CAR SHOPPING SO MUCH HOLY CRAP SERIOUSLY YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!

It kinda makes me want to cry a little. And stick big, hot, super-sharp objects in my eye. Because it would be way less painful and obnoxious.

In case you haven't quite guessed, the thing with the pickup fell through. Commence all-around distress and anguish. Perhaps I got my hopes up too high (after all, I know better than to trust...ANYONE...), but they were certainly thouroughly dashed. Kaboom and shatter and all that jazz. I was way past the point of being desperate to end this cockamamie dragon-hunt for a still-working, cheaply priced mechanized beast. Hey, after all, it's only been like two months. Right? BAH.

To point it bluntly, I'm still living in the land of the carless. I still magpie quarters for bus fare and leave the house at 9:20 each morning to make sure I make it to work by 10:45, despite the fact that a straight A-to-B trip is about twenty minutes. I stumble home, weary and sore, from my long, long days to sift through the gravel on Craigslist in a pointless search for fragments of gold. (Or even fool's gold; I may just take what I can get at this point. Anything shiny.) SIIIIIIIGGGHHHH.

The search for an apartment hasn't even begun yet, by the way and for the record. I'm leaving the start of that up to our future roommate, Daniel. I can only take so much.

One of the most frustrating things about not having a car is that it makes sending t'shirt orders out incredibly difficult. Basically, the only days I can make it to the post office are Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and even then it's dependent on me being able to get to the bus in time to catch it before the PO closes.

...I'm having one of those days where my train of thought poops out halfway through. Yes, I know, these days come with alarming frequency lately... Blah... I'd planned on writing about food and other random shite relevant to the supposed subject of this blog but at this point a conclusion seems beyond me. Maybe later today I'll write more, provided my brain gets back into gear. Sorries kids.

No comments: