24 March, 2007

Moving onward and upward

Well, I certainly am exhausted now. Jeez louise!


Most obviously, you may notice the blog format has been revamped. Yay! We have a new main picture (since I'm feeling a little more stuck than happy and in my niche) and at the veeeery bottom of the blog, a hit counter! I've tried to get one of those things since day one but Blogger is kinda a pain in the ass when it comes to HTML inserts - it's taken me quite a while to find a good hit tracker. (Oh, do I miss Xanga's log.)

Best of all... Look to your right. By which I mean to the right of your screen.

See that little thumbnail?

The t'shirt?

HOORAAAAY!!!!

Hey, it's only taken...months... Finally, at long last, the blog is intact, the shop is established, and the t'shirts are listed. The Novare Project finally has feet again. It stands. It propels itself forward. IT ACTUALLY HAS A PURPOSE AND KNOWS WHAT IT IS.

At present I only have half a dozen shirts, but I just put in an order today for a bunch more. Mom, thank you so so so so so much for sending the t'shirt stuff to me! I'm super exciteded. When I've got the energy, I'll e-mail the various sites that linked to me in ages past to let them know all the new developments. It's crazy where this project has led - a new e-mail address, website, even my own damn shop! I deal with a wholesale distributor and am on their 'frequent buyer' list. God, it's crazy.

In addition to melting my eyes at the computer screen, today has been all about cars. I hate cars at this point. I want them all to go melt in vats of acid.

We set the alarms for quarter of seven so as to get to an 'early bird special' at Rocky's Autos, about forty-five minutes away. If the site doesn't give you some clue as to how obnoxious the place is...well...gah. It was POURING rain, cold, and by the time we got to the auto dealer ALL the cheap cars had sold.

It was like being stuck in the midst of a bunch of hypoglycemics scrabbling at pinata droppings. Only you had to pay for the candy. And it was second-hand candy. Slightly used, sort of abused. Sold as is, uncertified, no warranty. To be honest, I'm a bit relieved all the cars were gone, even if they would have been purchased for the price of gravel... I'm completely paranoid when it comes to car purchase.

We were home before noon and promptly crashed to the couch, from which Crystal and I have barely moved all day. (Hey, it's my one day off until Wednesday, I can be lazy. Besides, I've been computer-ly productive.) Jody went out to lunch with a friend then came in and told us to get our shoes on since apparently her friend had a friend who was selling a car and blah blah blah.

That? Was a complete waste of time. Holy crap, batman. It was a 90-something Nissan Sentra which, the mechanic assured us, had about 117.000 miles on it, one owner, all those things mechanics like to assure you. This thing was in worse shape than Amber's car after being totaled, I swear. It had dents (and rust in those dents) on every panel, the rear passenger's side door had a nearly one inch gap between door and vehicle at the top, it drove like a riding lawn mower, and I don't know WHAT had happened to the interior. That thing was scary. And he was asking eighteen five for it, too.

According to Jody, I'm being 'too snooty' in my car shopping endeavours. Beggars can't be choosers, etc. Well... Okay. I know I'm not going to get a fantastic car for $1500 bucks. But that doesn't mean I can't get something that will not look hideous and will last me long enough to earn enough for a better car. Really truly is possible!

For instance. Monday, after I get off work, we will be going to take a look at this little buggy. Jody favors the name 'Tweety', Crystal thinks 'Canary'; Megan opts for 'The Rubber Ducky Mobile'. ^.^

Vrrrrooom!!!!

No comments: