06 January, 2007

Testing the waters

Well, thus do I prove my skills as a webmaster, eh? I figure, hey, what the hell - I'm gonna give it a shot. Obviously it's really raw (I mean, I've put all of what? an hour? into it) but other than that, how doth the readers respond?

Reasons for the new service:

  • Commenting is permitted by EVERYONE, not just those with accounts!!!
  • More flexibility with the template.
  • If ever I do get that mythical website finished, I can transfer this blog to it.
  • Easier updating format (I know, this mostly is a personal benefit, but hey).
  • Bye-bye annoying ads.
  • Not so crowded-feeling as the Xanga and its sidebars.

Reasons to remain with the Xanga:

  • It is well-known at this point - I wouldn't have to update all the sites who've linked to me!
  • Subscribe-able...not sure if this is...
  • Cooler profile features.
  • Prettier, at least so far. ^.^
  • Personal thing maybe, but it's a simpler web addy... 'Novare' was already taken on blogspot. Pout.
Those are the initial thoughts which come to my mind, at least, but I'd really hope to hear if you have any more thoughts on the matter. Please comment. You determine the fate of the nation! Or...the weblog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this blog interface better... yours is the only xanga I ever still read, so it's no big deal to me if you switch... and I think it's prettier. Plus, there's an atom feed, so if I get lazy I can just subscribe thru LJ and only have to read one site (ha, such a bum). Yep, that's my 2 cents.

- Lori

Dechant said...

Hey, I actually have an account here. ^_~ Either way, whatever you do, it just means I'm bookmarking a new place -- although I do like Xanga's email digest (brings the posts to the inbox).

Ultimately, it's what feels right to you. *pokes and cuddles*

Anonymous said...

i like the xanga better. call me lazy but i like it when i open up my inbox and theres a "message" from you. also, i feel like you already have so many links from different sources to your xanga so a move could either help or hurt.

Anonymous said...

I like Xanga but this way I can comment without having to register for an account that I'll forget to log into and then it gets closed down haha.