20 January, 2007

Categorically speaking

There's seriously nothing like a little hole-in-the-wall, screw-the-corporations coffee shop to make you feel a little better. It's cold and snowing off and on, there is a stone wall on one side and floor to ceiling windows on the other side, the walls all at odd angles to form a strange sort of polygon room. Ella Fitzgerald on the wall and jazzy funness on the radio. I <3 coffee shops.

Side note. What is it about lesbians and coffee shops? It's like the biggest cliche in the book. Apparently, I fall naturally into this category, as without even planning it I'm sitting here in corduroy pants and an oversized flannel shirt, laptop atop my lap with Equal Rights stickers all over it. Sqa wee.

All that's missing are DREADLOCKS. On my HEAD. God, I want them so badly...

---Hello everyone. This is Crystal, Taylor's devoted girlfriend, with a desperate plea to the world at large. Taylor, if you've ever seen a picture of her, has a head of some of the loveliest cheveux roux in the world, and if you have any piece of information that would prevent her from getting dreadlocks? Please share. I will of course support her in any path she chooses to takes, but it's much easier to bury my face in soft, sleek, shining hair than wax-filled ropes. I'm just sayin.---

::pout:: Know what, I'm dropping the subject right now because I don't want to start in on some long, rambling, pointless blog argument. But someday I will have my dreadlocks and you all will LOVE THEM!!!

---Yes, because you don't have to snuggle with them. Face it, they're just not very snuggle-able! Unless anyone can attest otherwise... I will admit, I do find them very hot. Ani diFranco is a fine, fine lady. But aren't we supposed to challenge stereotypes? And sharing your bed with a mop?---

Dude, screw you, hippies! I said I'm getting 'em when I can afford 'em and in the mean time it's pointless discussing it.

Crap, and I'm running out of topics now. I kinda just wanted to say yay coffee, dykes, and dreads. And that's about it. ^.^

No comments: