10 February, 2007

Hoorah! The internet liiives!

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! It's official! THE INTERNET IS FINALLY OFFICIAL!!!!! Expect more and frequent updates from now on, for better or worse. ^.^ Chances are they'll be quite lame for a while as I try to whip my atrophied brain back into shape...

Lately work has been the most dominant thing on my mind and schedule. It is really a wonderful thing, though... A paycheck, a thing to do, some coworkers to befriend. Daniel and I have been spending a lot of time together - particularly since he has a car and lives near me. Hee. Last night he came over after work and stayed until freakin' two in the morning watching tv and playing random card games and such. This when my body kinda turns off around ten PM these days.

...Okay, side note. Watching CNN right now and the biggest news, aside from Anna Nicole Smith, is Hillary's wardrobe. Holy crap. Do they seriously have nothing better to discuss than whether or not she should be wearing pants suits? I mean... Jeebus!

I guess it must be a really slow news week. We've got Anna Nicole, Hillary's clothing, and Norbit. I will be honest about that: I haven't seen it and don't plan to, and, in many ways, can see the point female activists are making about the stereotypic pressures it cites. I haven't been following a whole lot of the controversy regarding the obesity/emaciation 'debate' but from what I've heard it certainly doesn't sound like a positive influence in the slightest. In fact, it sounds downright offensive to both parties and all those in between.

What is it with the developed world and its obsession with weight - especially as regards women? It's ridiculous! There are for more important things to think about, you know? Arrrrgh...

Heh, can you tell that I'm really not feeling that talkative today? Sorries. I'll certainly update again at least tomorrow and try to think up something of greater substance and development. In the mean time I'll leave you to your own thoughts and invite comments or topics you're interested in, update suggestions, etc. Cheers!

No comments: