03 February, 2007

Boring life update

Jesu Christo, won't it be nice when the wireless internet is finally set up at the house and I can have consistent access to this beast?

And Lordy, but I've only got another fourteen minutes remaining before the durnded library internet evicts me, so this must be brief. Cat darling, I'll get to replying to that e-mail as soon as I can. Or, more likely, I may try to write a paper version for want of interneting... Can you e-mail me your address (yet again)? <3

Having a job again is helping the depression immensely. Last week I put in about thirty-five hours and this week(end) is shaping up similarly, so one my paycheck comes Tuesday-or-therabouts it'll be quite the happy celebration. What I really want to do is go skiing with Crystal and her mom. <333333 Not sure how the prices'll look on that one, though... May have to set some funds aside and wait for the next check to cap it off.

If nothing else, work is helping to fill the empty, lonely hours and thereby keep my mind from having too many silent moments on which to brood. The snow continues to come down every few days and from my perch behind a bakery cash register I have a good view out the front windows and can watch the prettiness without worrying about its consequences... Always fun. (Perhaps, eventually, I shall afford a car. In the meantime...yay public transport.) AI! Nine minutes!

Okay. Soooo I'm making some friends at work, which also helps. All the bakery staff seem to be quite the tight-knit group but they are welcoming me in as one of their own. Daniel and Marque are my two homies so far... We've determined that with the three of us working there is too much gay in the bakery for our own good. Hehe. Daniel is the sweetest teddy bear you will ever meet and Marque, though frequently bitchy, is certainly no match for my own vinegar so we get on fine. It's quite bizarre trying to force myself to soften since even the sharpest of Coloradans tend not to meet the average Washingtonian temperament. Another wonderful help is that nearly everyone drives and many of them live naught five minutes from the house, meaning plenty of offers of rides.

Okys, and we're down to five minutes so I'll jot an end. ...Um, lacking a good conclusion... I guess that's about all. Siri, I got your letter the other day!!! I'm working on a reply. Anyone else... Um.... Loves!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrr! Rise and shine campers. Better get your booties on 'cause it's cold outside!" (famous line from Movie Groundhog day). Yes, it's cold here in the Nations captital, a chilly 9 degrees. I guess you guys have finally figured out how to send your chilly weather to us. Gracias. Love ya Tina.
Dad

Siri said...

Yay! It did get all the way over there! ;) An update... now we got snowstorm over here.. so thing are pretty much back to normal..

I'm so glad that you feel a little better now when your working and all!
Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

where are you little girl? hope all is well. laurie