15 January, 2008

Where things stand

Well, I never thought it'd actually happen, but... Unless something weird and sudden comes up, I start PHP Monday morning.

The assessment went really well this morning. I loved everyone whom I met at the center, and their facilities were pretty awesome. I was expecting them to have their own building(s), but they're actually just on the tenth floor of a big, fancy executive complex thingy. I think they have pretty much the entire tenth floor of the building, though, as their offices certainly weren't cramped.

I met a few of the girls who will be in PHP with me, although sort of indirectly. Since PHP runs seven days a week, they were obviously there for their standard treatment days and I ran into a few of them on session breaks. The place was really laid back and the girls seemed nice; the extent of our conversation was nonetheless limited to sympathetic smiles.

.... Kinda running out of things to say. I'm still a bit overwhelmed by all this, particularly in light of the fact that it's actually going to happen. Hypothetical PHP stays are scary but still easier to handle than real ones.

As a slight aside and final note, I cried today for the first time in any therapy session to ever have taken place over the past five, six years of outpatient care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck tina. you will do well. remember you are there to get well, not compete wit the oter girls or learn new diet strategies. always a scary fact when people with anorexia get together. remember, you have a lot of people who care for you. you deserve to be well. crystal and your kitties need you and, of course, all of us who have gotten to know you over the internet. take care and be well.

laurie

Unknown said...

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Oh Tina, I'm so happy you cried.. (horribly weird thing to say, I know...)
But I know how hard it is, and well.. I heard it's good for you.
Would be nice to hear from you sometime.
(But I wont mind if you don't have time or energy..)
Very well.
I have a good feeling about this PHP thingy.. I hope it will help you to take that last step.
You are such an amazing strong and wonderful person.
I wish everything good to come your way!